Sunday, September 23, 2007

Is Hiding Your Wedding Band Necessary for a Job Interview?

I was extremely surprised by this article. It is horrible to think that someone would feel that it would be an advantage to be single when getting a job. Personal information does not show how well someone can perform. It just shows how our society is so judgmental and materialistic. If someone has a large diamond ring that does not mean they were able to afford it by themselves. It could be a family stone that was passed down through generations. It does not show that the person would expect more money than someone else. I had never thought that having a wedding ring on or not could be detrimental in your interview process. I can understand the need to be conservative and dress appropriately. It is important to be professional but wearing your wedding ring does not conflict with that interest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. If someone's going to hold that against me, I don't think that's where I would like to work.

I should have realized you were dressed for your presentation on Friday and let you go earlier. I'm sorry! I look forward to seeing it. Even though I don't like country music, I have actually been line dancing, lol! =o)