Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Life in Ten Years

It is sometimes hectic for me to think what I am going to be doing tomorrow or even next week. So when I was given this writing assignment of what I am going to be doing with myself in ten years it was kind of overwhelming. Ten years sounds like a long time but in reality, from experience, I know that it is not. Since I was little I knew I wanted to go to college so ten years ago I think it was easier to say what I wanted to do. Just like most girls I wanted to either become a professional basketball player or a veterinarian. I look back and laugh because my life has changed so much since then. Reality sets in, I know now that I care too much about animals and know that I couldn't put them to sleep or give them shots. It would just break my heart. I also know now that there are a lot of girls that are six foot and even taller that are much better than me at basketball. I believe as we grow older our needs and wants change. We realize what is important and what is not so important. I know that its not necessarily how much money I can make with my job but what makes me happy.
Therefore, in ten years I see myself happily married with kids. I want to be a Real Estate agent so I can work out of my home. I want to be there for my kids like my mom was there for my brother and myself. We have such a good relationship with her and my father. I can only pray that my kids feel the same about me. I like working with people and I think it would be a lot of fun making someone happy by selling them the house of their dreams. I think it would be a very gratifying job. I would like to live somewhere in SC. I would like to be close to my family because I know I could always go to them if I ever needed anything, but I would love to travel a lot. I recently went on a cruise to the grand caymans and Mexico. I absolutely loved it! I will always remember it. This may be silly but I also want to have a great dane and a chihuahua, the best of both worlds. The great dane's name will be peanut and chihuahua bear. Overall, I want to be happy! I want to be able to sit with my family and the dogs on our couch in my old clemson t-shirt and smile because of how content I will be with my life. :)

No comments: